Boys Folklorico Botine
Girls Folklorico Boot
Girls Tiny Tot Shoe
Boys Tiny Tot Shoe
Ballet Folklorico Fuego De Phoenix students are required to have practice and performance supplies to ensure uniformity and promote discipline. Instructors will enforce the uniform policy to the fullest extent.
• We always want to present a polished appearance.
• Hair must be up off the back of your neck and slicked away from the face in either a ponytail, bun or French braid.
• No jewelry is allowed for safety reasons. Necklaces can break. Rings can fly off. Earring backs fall.
Girl’s Dress Code:
For ages 5 and up
- Shorts/sweat pants/Solid Leotard
- Practice skirt which should be a Doble vuelo (2) circle skirt. Available through our personal seamstress or here. Required within the first month of classes.
- Hair pulled back, out of their face.
- For Performances girls ages 5 and up are required to have the following
- Bloomers. Available here
- Peasant Lace Blouse. Available here
- Jalisco Dress. Available through our personal seamstress. Required within the first three months of classes.
- For performances for Tiny tots they are required to purchase their costume through us.
Girl’s Shoes: For ages 5 and up
• White Leather Adelita Boot w/Zipper, available here
Required within the first month of classes.
For Tiny Tots:
>Black Mary Jane shoe with heel. Available on Zulily.com See photo example.
Please put your child’s name and phone number inside the instep of all shoes. Fuego de Phoenix is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Boys Dress Code:
> Dance pants, sweat pants or basketball shorts.
> Tucked in Tshirt Shirts
> Long Hair must be up and secured off the back of the neck.
Boys Shoes: For ages 5 and up
•Black Folklorico Boots, available here
Required within the first month of practice.
For Performances boys ages 5 and up are required to have the following within the first three months of practice
>Charro suit. Available for purchase through us
>Charro hat. Avaiable for purchase through us
For Tiny Tots:
>Black dress shoe. Available at Zulily.com
See photo example
Shoes and Boots
Ballet Folklorico Fuego de Phoenix requires folklórico style shoes for all students. Boots must be purchased within the first month of attending class. Folklórico shoes and boots have small nails on the bottom of the heel and toe tip, with rubber grip soles. Do not purchase flamenco shoes as the tall heel for this style of shoe can negatively affect young dancers’ ability to perform simple steps.
Ballet Folklorico Fuego de Phoenix girls must wear a practice skirt to ensure they can learn the basics of folklórico skirtwork. Skirts must be Doble vuelo (2) circle skirt and solid colored.
- If you are hand making your skirt, please see your child's instructor for specifications.
Female students ages 10 and up are required to wear makeup at performances. Please be sure to check with your students’ instructor before purchasing any makeup for a performance.